1. Scheduling and visit times. We strive to accommodate the needs of your pet. Huntersville Pet Sitting provides a time interval during which visits will occur. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted.
2. Reservations. It is best to plan in advance in order to obtain services on the dates you desire. An in-home consultation is required, prior to reservations, for all new clients.
3. Payment. Huntersville Pet Sitting accepts checks, credit cards, and PayPal payments online. Payment is due at time of first pet sit. Checks should be made payable to Huntersville Pet Sitting. All services are paid in advance. If client requests to extend service, client guarantees payment at same rate for all services provided upon return.
4. *Pet Sitting Cancellations/Refunds. If client cancels a pet sit service two (2) days or 48 hours before the first scheduled visit, they will receive a full (100%) refund or account credit. If client cancels a pet sit service one (1) day or 24 hours before the first scheduled visit, they will receive a 50% refund or account credit. Same day cancellations of pet sits receive no refund or credit. *In cases of extreme weather that prevent client from leaving by air or ground travel, Huntersville Pet Sitting will issue full credit for all reserved pet visits for future use. *Midday dog clients may be exempted at Huntersville Pet Sitting's discretion.
5. Early Return Policy: No refunds or credits are issued for same-day returns. If client returns one (1) day earlier than scheduled, Huntersville Pet Sitting will issue a 50% credit or refund. If client returns two (2) days earlier than scheduled, Huntersville Pet Sitting will issue full (100%) credit for unused visits. 6. Additional Pet Care Assistance and Other Scheduled Services: Huntersville Pet Sitting does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during, or immediately after our services have been rendered. Please inform us at the time of the consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbors. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Huntersville Pet Sitting have been engaged.
7. Inclement Weather Plan. 1) Every effort will be made to drive to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If it is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified; 4) You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated and that credit has been applied to your account for that visit.
8. Inclement Weather Contact: Huntersville Pet Sitting has requested the name and phone number of a person living nearby (with access to your home). See Emergency Contact section on Household Information form. This should be a person close enough to walk to your home if roads are impassable (for example, a neighbor). If we are physically unable to drive to your home this information is needed so that we can contact this person to request their assistance to check on your pet(s). Please remember that garage door openers are not operational in the event of power outages. In the event that the customer does not provide a nearby emergency contact with access to your home for Huntersville Pet Sitting, customer realizes that Huntersville Pet Sitting will provide service but not until conditions allow us to reach your home safely.
9. Medications/Vaccinations/Immunizations. Huntersville Pet Sitting will attempt to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result.
10. Under no circumstances will Huntersville Pet Sitting service any pet that has any form of active contagious illness. Huntersville Pet Sitting requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations before service begins. We may ask to see expiration dates for rabies vaccinations. If a Huntersville Pet Sitting pet care provider is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client's pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
11. Unforeseen purchases. Pet owners are responsible for having adequate supplies of pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well-being of your pet during your absence. Should these supplies run out before the pet owner returns, Huntersville Pet Sitting will purchase the items and retain a receipt, which the pet owner is responsible for reimbursing immediately upon their return. A trip charge of $10 will be added to the receipt total.
12. Pet waste. Huntersville Pet Sitting will properly dispose of your pet waste. We do request, however, that you provide plastic bags for this purpose and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of.
13. Collars/Leashes. Please provide secure collars and leashes with appropriate tags for all visits. All dogs will be walked on your leashes. 14. Fences. Huntersville Pet Sitting does not accept responsibility or liability for any client's animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the client's animals in a fenced area. This includes wood, metal, electronic or any other type of fence.
15. Keys. Huntersville Pet Sitting will obtain a house key from you during the in-home consultation. We ask that a designated spot outside the home be agreed upon by pet owner and pet sitter where key may be left in case pet sitter needs to access home beyond the pet sitting days agreed upon. An option is having Huntersville Pet Sitting retain your house key for future assignments. If you wish your key returned after a pet sit, there is a $10 charge.
16. Updates. Please inform us of any changes regarding your contact numbers, your pets' care needs and other pertinent information.
17. Photos/Videos. Client authorizes Huntersville Pet Sitting to take photos/videos of Client's pet for their file and for whiskerstotailspetsitting.com website. All photos/videos taken are the property of Huntersville Pet Sitting.
. I have read, understand and agree to the policies and guidelines of Huntersville Pet Sitting. I further understand that a signed copy of this form will be kept on file for documentary purposes. All policies and guidelines are subject to change at the discretion of Huntersville Pet Sitting.